Thursday, December 09, 2004

I need a hug

It seems I write here when I am not feeling the most chipper. This last year I was on hiatus from writing was the greatest year ever. Girls, great job, more friends than I knew what to do with, parties, clubs, trips, and the most dominating softball team ever assembled.

Now I feel pretty depressed about the current state of affairs. Great new job, however it’s pretty stressful right now as I learn the ropes of being a brand spanking new cop. I keep getting, “Aren’t you too young to be a cop?” I grew a mustache a la Super Troopers but I like myself clean shaven. If I had the choice I would grow my monster goatee. I look like such a badass with it.

What’s really got me down is I feel a brand new era has begun. I’m entering adulthood I guess. How long can I party with fresh faced college girls? Most of my friends have graduated and are moving out of town. I feel like I am being bogged down with this new job. I want to travel the world for a few years before settling down, every young person’s dream.

And further, things have not worked out with either the dancing girl or the girl with the brown hair curls and I have not heard a Pearl Jam song on the radio to cue me to call the little yellow bird for the first time in 5 years. I hear Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, and The Cure, but alas no Pearl Jam. Don't ask ...

To alleviate my tension I went out with some friends to our favorite watering holes. While walking to our cars an argument ensued between my buddies and a drunken frat boy. I laughed it off as the frat boy threatened us that there were 7 other friends in the car that had parked under a tree a 100 feet away. I thought he was bluffing but lo and behold 7 frat boys come pouring out to aid their drunken friend. 8 against the 5 of us. I liked the odds.

I was having too much fun watching the two sides clash. The other side took a look at me and knew that they probably needed a few more. My friends knew I could handle 5 of them while they took care of the rest. Then the girl who was taking us back to her friend’s house stepped in and brought order to the machismo and testosterone overload.

At the end of the night we were leaving the apartments and getting into my friend’s truck when a couple of girls waved and beckoned us to their car. A couple of my friends took off and stopped by the girl’s car before we approached. She told me that my friend had told her not to believe anything we said. I told her as I motioned, to include my fellow friends … “We all have small penises.”